Friday, November 9, 2007

shopping at the local mart

I went to buy orange oranges,
green beans,sweet meats,
long john silver bananas,
yellow capsi-cum
red peppers,hot potatoes,
magick mushroom,
spiced brown rice,
ladies fingers,
and a cup tom-yum soup
With above in cart I approached checkout lane of
beautiful buxom woman in uniform smiling politely
Hello Hope you found everything to your satisfaction!
My cheeks turned red instantly
Self-conscious I was reminded of apples forgotten
The hi/story of Adam Eve itself repeating?
Presently she began to scan items I placed from cart on to counter
And this is what showed up on hightech flatpanel prizescreen
2% Disodium Inosinate,6% Tocopherol(Vitamin E),
F.D and C. Red #40 including F.D and C. Blue #2
33% Silicon Dioxide(To prevent caking),
Polydextrose**,Potassium Sorbate(Preservative),
Yellow 5, Yellow 6 , Trivial amount of sugar
21% MonoSodium Glucamate
Your total is 35 dollars and 99 cents she told me
followed by a flash of shinywhiteeth
I paid and walked out heavy bags in hand feeling cheated somehow

No comments: